Originator: Constable Barry Malciw, Media Relations Office, 905-825-4899
Contact: D/Constable Calvin Bulbrook, 3 District CIB, 905-825-4747 ext. 2346
Location: Burlington, ON
Fugitive Friday Week #1
It is week #1 of our Fugitive Friday initiative wherein the Halton Regional Police Service reaches out to the public to help locate wanted persons and hold them accountable for their actions.
There are numerous people who continue to evade police and the court system and live out in our communities while having a warrant for their arrest in place.
Every Friday, Halton Regional Police Service’s Offender Management Unit will share information on a wanted person in hopes that members of the public can assist in locating the individual.
We will share Fugitive Friday information on our website and via social media (i.e. Twitter and Facebook).
In this first edition of Fugitive Friday for 2017 the 3 District Burlington Offender Management Unit is searching for Andrew LAWSON, 57 years, of Toronto.
It is alleged:
- In September 2016, LAWSON defrauded the victim of personal savings and investments totalling more than $5000.00.
- LAWSON also stole more than $5000 from the victim’s savings and investments while he was in a position of Power of Attorney.
- LAWSON was arrested for the theft and fraud and was assigned a court date.
- In November 2016, while appearing in Milton Court in answer to his charges, LAWSON assaulted a Court Officer.
- LAWSON was further charged with assault and later released. He has since failed to appear for his next court date.
LAWSON’s whereabouts are unknown at this time.
A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
He is now wanted by Halton Regional Police Service for:
Fraud Over $5000
Theft by Power of Attorney
Assault Peace Officer
Fail to Comply with Recognizance
Fail to Appear in Court
LAWSON is described as 5’10”, 230 lbs with grey hair and green eyes.
LAWSON is known to frequent Burlington, Oakville, Niagara Falls, Toronto and the surrounding areas.
Anyone who may have witnessed this person or has information that would assist investigators in locating him is encouraged to contact D/C Bulbrook - Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2346 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).