It is week #3 of our Fugitive Friday initiative wherein the Halton Regional Police Service reaches out to the public to help locate wanted persons and hold them accountable for their actions.
There are numerous people who continue to evade police and the court system and live out in our communities while having a warrant for their arrest in place.
Every Friday, Halton Regional Police Service's Offender Management Unit will share information on a wanted person in hopes that members of the public can assist in locating the individual.
Fugitive Friday information is publicized on our website and via social media (i.e. Twitter and Facebook).
In this edition of Fugitive Fridays for 2017 the 2 District, Criminal Investigation Bureau is searching for Trevor WILLIAMS 26 years of Oakville ON.
It is alleged:
• In January of 2017 WILLIAMS was operating a motor vehicle on the QEW when he nearly collided with a Police vehicle conducting an accident investigation, WILLIAMS continued driving away on the QEW
• Police then began to follow WILLIAMS on the QEW
• WILLIAMS then exited the highway at Third Line and collided with three vehicles in the area and then fled on foot from the scene of the accidents.
• A quantity of drugs was further located in the vehicle
• The accused has not been located and a warrant has been issued for his arrest
He is now wanted by Halton Regional Police Service for:
Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
Fail to Stop at a Scene of an Accident (3 counts)
Flight While Pursued by Police
Possession of Drugs for the Purpose of Trafficking
Fail to Comply with Recognizance
WILLIAMS is described as 6'1", 200 lbs with black hair and brown eyes. WILLIAMS is known to frequent the areas of Oakville, Burlington, Milton and the surrounding areas in the GTA.
Anyone who may have witnessed this person or has information that would assist investigators in locating him are encouraged to contact D/C Brent Lovett, Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau, at 905-825-4747 Ext. 2246. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers "See something, Hear something, Say something" at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting "Tip201" with your message to 274637 (crimes).